The mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The vision of Castleton UMC is to live as an outward facing circle of people; seeking, reaching, and welcoming others to join in serving Jesus Christ
Job Purpose: Working with the Director of Family Ministries to partner the local church, families, and neighbors in making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world with an emphasis on Children and Children’s music.
This is a full-time position:
- 40 hours per week, benefits available
- Pay range is $38,000-$40,000
- A vibrant, growing, and maturing relationship with Jesus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to children or ministry or social sciences. Completed courses in theology and/or Bible preferred
- 3-5 years ministry experience in a ministry setting
- Good organizational skills with success in executing events and programs
- Ability to organize and lead children’s music and drama
- Empowers and equips volunteers to love and serve families
- Loves people in compassionate ways. Works through conflict in healthy ways. Takes initiative and utilizes a strong and moral work ethic.
- Can communicate biblically driven theological understandings to different age groups in developmentally appropriate ways. Can select, adapt, develop materials for teaching the faith that aligns with United Methodist beliefs.
- Experience in engaging the broader community for Christ
- Is willing to work as a part of a team to fully support the mission and vision of the church by sharing in prayerful and strategic ministry
- Will become a part of the church community which includes worshipping and serving on Sundays
- Biblically supports women in leadership and will work supportively under the leadership of a female Director of Family Ministries and female Senior Pastor.
- Work with the Director of family life to create a model of family ministry
- Emphasis on executing children’s ministry
- Helps with major events in family ministry at CUMC
- Continued Education in family ministry
Send Resumes to email@example.com