Help, Hope, Healing email@example.com
Stephen Ministers are here to serve as a Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages… for as long as the need exists.
Who Might Benefit?
Times arise in all our lives when we may need the care and compassion of another person. As a Christian friend, a Stephen Minister can provide encouragement and support to help others through difficult times, which could include:
Personal or family struggles and stresses
Grieving after a death
Losing a job
Separation or divorce
Loneliness or discouragement
To learn more about Stephen Ministry and how it can help you or someone you know, call 317.284.0834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
Stephen Ministers are trained laypeople who meet one-to-one on a regular basis with a person of the same gender. A Stephen Minister’s role is to listen and be supportive while remaining non-judgmental and confidential.
Interested in Becoming a Stephen Minister?
Stephen Ministers Are Committed Christians Who:
- Express God’s love through their lives to others
- Have gifts of caring, encouragement, listening, faith, mercy and compassion
- Feel called to serve others
Requirements of a Stephen Minister
- Be a member of Castleton United Methodist Church
- Complete the application /interview selection process to ascertain your gifts match those required of the program
- Attend and participate in the 50-hour training course
- Commit to serving in the program for at least two years
- Attend and participate in monthly supervision meetings
Classes are held every two years. The training teaches principles and skills that equip participants to provide Christ-centered emotional and spiritual care to others. Involvement in a training class will result in a special bond among class members and a unique Christian community.
To learn more about the national program and the training involved visit the Stephen Ministry website at stephenministries.org . If you are interested in being considered for this ministry, leave a message on the Stephen Ministry Care Line at 317.284.0834 or email email@example.com and a Stephen Minister will contact you.