Contact Denise Thomason – President of UMW
United Methodist Women’s Ministry at Castleton (also known as UMW) seeks to support and nurture one another, to grow in Christian faith, and to serve our church and community through outreach focused on women, children, and youth. The UMW has a mission to know God and to develop a creative, supportive fellowship while expanding concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church. The group is open to women of all ages.
The UMW provides an outlet for women of all ages to support and nurture one another through monthly meetings and outings, weekly Bible study groups, by providing meals to members during times of need, and by attending mission trips and retreats together.
We serve our church and community by:
- Hosting an annual Mother’s Day Luncheon for the inmates and their children at the Indiana Women’s Prison
- Bible study twice a month at Theodora House (work release facility for incarcerated women)
- Putting together backpacks of donated school supplies for children of inmates at the Indiana Women’s Prison and for other needy organizations
- Sponsoring a Baby Bundles Drive which involves collecting baby items which are put into bundles and distributed by Community East Hospital to new mothers in need
- Providing and serving meals for inner city programs
- Serving funeral dinners
- Hosting church-wide social events
Members also pull together for annual fundraising projects, which include a holiday nut sale and a spring flower sale. Each year the UMW supports many organizations within our church and community. Every woman who attends Castleton United Methodist church is invited to be part of the UMW Ministry.
A group within the UMW at Castleton meets on a regular basis:
- Mary Martha Circle meets the first Thursday of the month at 9:30 am, September through December and February through June. Each month there is a speaker, a mission activity or a field trip.
Contact Blythe Potts at 849-3924 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are weekly Bible study groups for women, as well. Click here to find out more about when they meet and their topics of discussion.